Things are about to get more real in 2023 on social media.
The rise in the popularity of BeReal made platforms like TikTok, Instagram, and Snapchat realize that people are getting sick of the superficial nature of social media. So they rolled up their sleeves and incorporated features to curb the fakeness.
Will adopting the dual camera feature help them? Only time will tell.
But one thing is sure; content creators and user-generated content will continue to be the best choice for brands to promote their offerings more organically, as they were in 2022.
The rise of content creators led to more subscription-based services, monetizing, and collaborating opportunities within social media platforms like Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram.
Many platforms introduced new features to strengthen social commerce and community-building initiatives.
In a nutshell, social media stuck to its ever-changing behaviour in 2022 as well.
As a marketer, you need to be aware of the changing behaviors of social platforms to keep your strategies up to date. By paying attention to patterns and trends, you can ensure your plan is on point and stay ahead of the competition.
To help you out, we have curated a list of social media statistics for 2023. These stats will give you a better understanding of your target audience and help you figure out how to reach them.
The list is divided into comprehensible sections for each platform to help you navigate and process insights:
Facebook struggled to maintain its “most popular platfrom” crown last year. Meta stocks also tanked, losing about two-thirds of their value since peaking in September 2021.
Seeing the next generation of users flocking to other platforms, Facebook piggybacked on Instagram’s cool features and made rigorous changes in its algorithm. Such efforts led audiences to seek Facebook feeds more than TikTok to watch short-form videos.
Even after a few setbacks, Facebook rules the social commerce domain, which is great news for retailers.
Facebook has also introduced a new set of group features, such as Reels for Groups and enhanced group admin features to help marketers alleviate the community experience.
While you plan for 2023, let these insightful Facebook statistics power your Facebook marketing strategy. Time to create dynamic content that your audience will likely engage with and stay consistent with the help of Facebook publishing tools.
Facebook Demographics Stats
- Facebook has 2.96 billion monthly active users, a 2% increase year-over-year.
- In the third quarter of 2022, the daily active user number on Facebook reached 1.98 billion, an increase of 3% year-over-year.
- 81% of all adults in the U.S. have a Facebook account.
- India is ranked first in terms of Facebook audience size, with almost 349.7 million users.
- The United States, Indonesia, and Brazil also have 182.3 million, 133.8 million, and 114.7 million Facebook users, respectively.
- According to Statista, between the ages of 25 and 34, 12.6% of all active Facebook users are female, and 18.4% are male.
- With 11.2 billion visits, 1.5 billion unique visitors, and an average visit time of 31 minutes, Facebook is the third most visited website globally.
- 75% of high-income earners use Facebook.
Facebook Usage Stats
- 1.98 billion people, on average, log into Facebook daily.
- Facebook is the world’s third-most downloaded app.
- 1.3 billion Facebook users use Facebook messenger.
- The average U.S. adult spends 30.1 minutes a day on Facebook.
- Users spend an average of 19.6 hours a month on Facebook.
- People spend 33 minutes a day on Facebook.
- 39.8% of the total world population uses Facebook every month.
- 98.5% of users access Facebook from mobile devices.
- The percentage of teens in the United States who used Facebook had decreased from 71% in 2014/15 to 32% in 2022.
- 85% of smartphone users have the Facebook app.
- 71% of U.S. adults use Facebook.
- There are over 10 million groups on Facebook.
- There are more than 70 million admins and moderators running active Facebook groups.
- 1 billion Facebook Stories are shared daily.
- The U.S. adult population on Facebook uses the social media platform daily, while 49% use them several times a day.
- 31% of American users use Facebook to read the news.
- 16% of Facebook users are fake or duplicates.
Facebook Engagement Stats
- Over 1 billion Stories get posted every day across Facebook apps.
- 1.8 billion people interact in Facebook groups every month.
- 57% of the brands feel Facebook stories effectively promote their products.
- A video post increases interaction by 600% on Facebook.
- 90% of Facebook users post native videos.
- 85% of videos watched on Facebook are on mute.
- 81% of businesses share videos on Facebook.
- Each month, the typical user averages 12 likes, 5 comments, and 1 share.
- More than 4 billion video views take place on Facebook every day.
- Facebook generates 4 million likes every minute.
- 35 million people update their Facebook statuses every minute.
- There are more than 350 billion photos already uploaded on Facebook.
- Influencer-published videos accounted for about 60% of Facebook video views in the US, while media company videos garnered 30%, followed by brand/aggregators videos at 10%.
- Live video engagement is 26% on Facebook, higher than any other social media platform.
- 26% of U.S. adults preferred Facebook Live as their live-stream shopping platform.
- Facebook Gaming watch hours plunged down to 382 million from the 1.29 billion hours of streaming in the 2021 Q3.
- Facebook videos with captions increase the watch time by 12%.
- As per the latest Facebook statistics, 49.9% of all posts are link posts, making it the most common Facebook content. This is followed by images and videos.
- Status posts show a 0.14% engagement rate which is the highest for any content on Facebook.
- The average engagement rate of Facebook posts is 3.91%.
Facebook Business Stats
- 87.1% of U.S. marketers use Facebook.
- A Facebook Page post’s typical organic reach is 5.2%.
- More than 200 million businesses use Facebook’s applications and free tools.
- 18.3% of American individuals aged 18 and over have used Facebook for business in the last year.
- Over 70% of Facebook users view local business pages at least once every week.
- Customers who engage in Facebook live chat are 53% more likely to make a purchase from a business.
- On average, 36% of Facebook page postings are photos.
- There are 250 million Facebook Shops worldwide.
- 33% of Gen Zers are interested in purchasing digital-only art.
- Facebook shops have more than 1 billion monthly active users.
- 44% of users admit that Facebook influences their shopping decision.
- There are over 80 million business pages on Facebook.
- 15% of Facebook users shop on Facebook.
- More than 160 million businesses use Facebook to interact with their customers.
- 84% of video marketers use Facebook to promote their videos.
- 96% of B2C marketers and 91% of B2B marketers use Facebook.
Facebook Ads Insights
- 2.11 billion individuals are potentially reachable through Facebook advertising.
- Facebook has over 10 million active advertisers as of 2023.
- 34.1% of adults worldwide over the age of 13 see Facebook advertisements.
- 63.7% of Americans over the age of 13 are exposed to Facebook ads.
- On average, Facebook charges $0.97 per click.
- Facebook ad revenue as of Q3 2022 is $82,387 million.
- On average, a Facebook user clicks on 12 ads every month.
- Audiences aged 18-24 spend 75% of their time on Facebook watching video ads.
- 71% of shoppers feel they see relevant video ads on Facebook.
- A Facebook user clicks on an average of 8 ads a month.
- In a survey done among global advertising, marketing, and media agencies, 44% of respondents believed that image ads and short video ads on Facebook were the most successful.
- 43.5% of the ad audience is female, while 56.5% is male.
- Facebook ads have an average CPC of $1.72, an average CTR of 0.9%, and an average conversion rate (CVR) of 9.21%.
- Adding a CTA button boosts the conversion rate by 2.85 times.
- A CTA in the middle of the video has witnessed a higher conversion rate of 16.95%.
Instagram remained adamant about becoming the flagbearer of the creator’s economy in 2022. An exciting and practical move, considering that a significant portion of Gen Z hopes to monetise their interest on Instagram.
The platform continued releasing and enhancing a slew of features at a breakneck speed to help creators thrive. These new features align with Meta’s vision of bringing together an array of features that help brands and businesses collaborate with creators better.
It’s time to understand the Instagram statistics and Improve your Instagram marketing strategies, create engaging posts, and streamline your scheduling using Instagram marketing tools.
Instagram Demographics Stats
- Instagram has over 1.22 billion monthly active users.
- 70% of Instagrammers are under 34 years.
- The 25-34-year-old age group is the largest of the demographics, attributing to 31.7% of the total Instagram population.
- Instagram is used by 25.31 % of the world’s population.
- Daily active users of Instagram stories are 500 million.
- 87% of Instagram users live outside the U.S.
- The highest number of users of Instagram is in India (230.5 million), the U.S. (159.75 million), and Brazil (119.45 million).
- 47.8% of all Instagram users are female, while 52.2% are male.
Instagram Usage Stats
- The number of Instagram users in 2022 marks a 5.79% annual increase from 2021.
- Instagram’s user growth is forecasted to slow slightly to 5.47% in 2023.
- Instagram is the 4th most popular social media in the world in terms of MAUs.
- The monthly active user base of Instagram is equivalent to the population of the EU and North America combined.
- The average time spent on Instagram is 30 minutes.
- Up to 95 million (9.5%) platform users may be bots, costing marketers $1.3 billion.
- Approximately 30.94% of the 4.48 billion internet users worldwide regularly use Instagram.
- Instagram’s DAUs are 69 million more in numbers than the entire population of South America.
- 21% of users log in weekly, and 16% log in less often than that.
- 38% of users log in to the platform multiple times.
- 70% of people watch Instagram stories daily.
- 71.9% of the content on Instagram is photo posts.
- 130 million users tap on shopping posts each month.
- 40% of Instagrammers post stories daily.
Instagram Engagement Stats
- The average engagement rate for photo posts is 0.81%, video posts are 0.61%, and carousel posts are 1.08%.
- The highest Instagram Reels engagement rates are obtained by Instagram accounts with fewer than 5,000 followers, reaching up to 3.79% on average.
- Reels get 22% more interaction on Instagram than standard video posts.
- Instagram has seen an 80% increase in the time users spend watching videos on the platform.
- A total of 4.2 billion likes occur on Instagram each day.
- Longer captions get better engagement.
- On average, 10.7 hashtags are used in Instagram posts.
- Instagram has 58% more engagement per follower than Facebook.
- People are Spending Nearly 30 Minutes every day on Instagram.
- Photos with faces perform almost 40% better than those without faces.
- Videos get 21.2% more engagement compared to images.
- 2 billion people interact with reels every month.
- Instagram users engage more on weekdays, with Wednesday and Thursday showing the most engagement.
- Business accounts with fewer than 10,000 followers have an average engagement rate of 1.11%.
- Business accounts with 10,000-100,000 followers have an engagement rate of 0.93%.
- Users like 4.2 billion posts on Instagram each day.
- 61% of Gen Z TikTok users plan to spend more time on Reels
- Posts with tagged locations get 79% more engagement than those without tags.
Instagram Business Stats
- More than 25 million businesses use Instagram to promote their services and products.
- US-based online stores lead with 86% Instagram accounts, followed by 81% accounts from the U.K. and 75% from Germany-based online stores.
- 90% of accounts follow at least one business on Instagram.
- 62% of users say they are more interested in a brand after seeing it in an Instagram Story.
- 81% of Instagrammers use the platform for researching new products and services.
- 87% of Instagram users say they take action after seeing a product on Instagram.
- On average, major brands post on Instagram 1.5 times every day.
- 98% of fashion brands use Instagram.
- Over 150 million people use Instagram to communicate directly with a business monthly.
- 68% of weekly Instagram users visit the platform to interact with creators.
- 93% of marketers have already used Instagram to acquire potential new customers.
- 74% of marketers want to reach a new target audience, 69% want to improve brand awareness, and 46% want to increase sales.
- 54% of all influencers on Instagram are nano-influencers, while 33% are micro-influencers.
- 61% of consumers trust influencer recommendations more than brand content (38%).
- Nano-influencers are also on the rise, with the highest engagement rate, at 5%.
- 36% of businesses use stories to promote their products.
- 98% of fashion brands use Instagram.
- 67% of users watch branded stories.
- 73% of marketers are in favour of Instagram for influencer marketing.
- The average monthly follower growth of business accounts on Instagram is +1.46%.
- There are 500,000 active influencers on Instagram.
Instagram Ads Insights
- Instagram ads have the potential to reach 849.3 million users.
- Instagram marketers spend 69% of their budget on influencer marketing on Instagram.
- Micro-influencers, who generally have 50,000 – 100,000 fans, are used by businesses to advertise their products.
- The U.S. has the highest potential Instagram advertising reach, followed by India and Brazil.
- Instagram Stories ad revenue is expected to increase to 20.03 billion dollars in 2023.
- The highest Instagram advertising audience is from the 25-34 age group.
- Instagram’s advertising audience grew by 20.3%.
- 83% of consumers claim they use Instagram to discover new products or services.
- Instagram’s bogus bot accounts cost marketers an estimated $1.3 billion yearly in the advertising ecosystem.
- With Instagram, the average post will cost you between $100-$2,085.
- Video ads have 3x more engagement than photos.
Over the last year, Pinterest has actively grown more inclusive and creator-friendly. We saw new features for the beauty industry, like expanded search options based on skin tone and hair type.
Shopping on Pinterest also became easy with features like Live Shopping and shoppable Idea Pins. Last year, Pinterest pushed the envelope by adding more personalized shopping features like “Your Shop.”
We can say that Pinterest is not just an important platform for driving website traffic; it is also a platform for branding and e-commerce. Pay attention to these Pinterest statistics before planning your marketing and SEO strategy by using Pinterest tools.
Pinterest Demographics Stats
- Pinterest has 445 million monthly active users worldwide.
- With 86 million MAUs, the United States has the highest number of Pinterest users.
- The US was followed by Brazil with 27 million users (though they only account for about 8% of the traffic to the website) and Mexico with nearly 18 million users.
- 44% of the website traffic comes from the US.
- Females make up more than 75% of the users on the platform.
- Women between the ages of 25 and 34 account for 29.1% of Pinterest’s global audience.
- Over 16% of Pinterest’s user base are women in the 18 to 24-year age group.
- Compared to Snapchat, TikTok, and Instagram, Pinterest, like Twitter and Reddit, had significantly fewer Gen Z users in 2022.
- 31% of millennials in the UK with a household income of over £100K are on Pinterest
- More than 75% of Pinterest users are from outside the U.S.
Pinterest Usage Stats
- More than 2 billion searches happen on Pinterest each month.
- People watch close to 1 billion videos a day on Pinterest.
- 82% of users use Pinterest on its mobile app.
- Per every Pinterest visit, 5.5 pages were visited, and the average visit duration was almost six minutes.
- 77% of their users on Pinterest are loyal to the brand.
- UK Users Spend Less Than an Hour on Pinterest Per Day.
- 85% of Pinners say they use Pinterest to plan new projects.
- The average Pinterest user types in 8 searches per month.
- Pinterest users, in general, spend 29% more while shopping than non-users.
- In Q3, Gen Z users grew double digits year over year, accelerating from Q2.
- 86% of millennials use Pinterest to plan life events.
- 63% of millennials use the platform to search for products and services.
- Over 75 billion pins have been uploaded to Pinterest.
- High-income households are twice as likely to use Pinterest as low-income households.
Pinterest Engagement Stats
- Pinterest trends outperform other internet trends by 21% each month.
- 60% of users log on to “view pictures” on Pinterest.
- Posting is most effective around noon and at night.
- Pinners are 5x more likely to purchase from Try On-enabled Pins than standard Pins.
- Pinterest active users have saved more than 200 billion Pins altogether.
- 98% of users have tried something they’ve seen on Pinterest.
- The average number of pins made by an active female user is 158.
- Dads are 3x more likely to have shared boards than the average male pinner.
- Descriptions that are 100-200 characters in length gain more popularity.
- Pins in the fashion category are most popular on Thursday.
- A Pin including a specific call to action increases engagement by 80%.
- Video views on Pinterest have increased by 200%.
- 78% of Pinterest users say seeing brand content on the platform is useful.
- 55% of people use Pinterest to shop and buy.
- 89% of U.S. pinners use Pinterest for inspiration in their path to purchase.
- 98% of the users have tried something they found on Pinterest.
- Pinterest is most popular with women—especially moms.
- Related Pins account for 40% of engagement on Pinterest.
- More than 56 million pinners actively engage with home content.
- 70% use Pinterest to find accessories, watches, and jewelry.
- 52% use their platform to develop their knowledge of great food and drinks.
- Dads are 3x more likely to have shared boards than the average male pinner.
- 80% of moms use Pinterest.
- Pinterest trends increased to 56%, while the rest of the platforms rose to 38%.
- 600 million visual searches occur via the Pinterest lens every month.
Pinterest Business Stats
- Compared to Facebook, Pinterest sends 33% more traffic to e-commerce websites.
- 55% of people use Pinterest to shop and buy.
- For every $1 spent on Pinterest marketing, sales are generated at a rate of $4.30.
- 61% of Pinners in the UK have gone shopping as a result of seeing branded content.
- 78% of users believe branded content to be helpful.
- Shopping is a top priority for 48% of Pinterest users.
- In Q3 2022, Pinterest generated $685 million in revenue, of which $575 million came from the US & Canada alone.
- Shoppers on Pinterest spend twice as much monthly than social shoppers on other platforms.
- The global Pinterest revenue has increased by 8% y-o-y growth.
- 46% of weekly Pinners have discovered a new brand or product on Pinterest
- Interaction with organic Pinterest shopping pins has increased by 44%.
- 87% of people on Pinterest have bought a product because of Pinterest, while 93% use Pinterest to plan a future purchase.
- 76% of pinners save items to purchase later.
- 97% of all searches on Pinterest are unbranded.
- Pins that show a product or service in action are 67% more likely to drive sales.
- 85% of pinners put visuals first when shopping for apparel and furniture.
Pinterest Ads Insights
- 61% of Pinterest users have purchased after seeing a sponsored pin.
- Pinterest’s Ad Revenue Is Expected to Exceed $4 Billion by 2026.
- On Pinterest, advertisers may reach more than 200 million users.
- Compared to other social platforms, Pinterest’s shopping advertisements generate three times as many conversions and a 2X increase in the positive incremental return on ad expense.
- Ads that use “lifestyle” photographs have a 32% greater click-through rate than those that use “stock” product images.
- The highest reach ranking of Pinterest is witnessed in the U.S., followed by Brazil and Mexico.
- The majority of ad audiences on Pinterest are from the age group of 25-34, which constitutes 38.8% of all Pinterest users.
- Quarter-on-quarter change in Pinterest’s advertising reach is +4.4%.
- 78% of users say content from brands is useful, including ads.
Twitter has undergone some major changes in the past year, and it’s understandable that many businesses might feel a bit uncertain about whether or not the platform is still hospitable for them.
Well, Twitter is still very much a valuable tool for businesses.
You see, Twitter is working hard to rebuild trust with advertisers by listening to their concerns and reflecting their needs in its features. For example, Twitter Blue and advertising incentives are just a couple of the ways they do this.
But even beyond that, Twitter is still an incredible tool for spreading news and staying on top of trends. It’s a one-stop shop for finding out what’s happening in the world. And let’s not forget Twitter is still a sensational way to reach your target audience.
So while you plan to include these new features in your 2023 marketing plan, keep in mind these Twitter statistics below and use Twitter tools to magnify your reach.
Twitter Demographics Stats
- Twitter has 368 million monthly active users.
- The U.S. leads in terms of population with 76.9 million users, followed by Japan and India with 58 and 23.6 million users, respectively.
- Twitter has a 56.4% male audience and a 43.6% female audience.
- Most of Twitter’s audience (38.5%) is between the 25 to 34 age group. People aged between 13 to 17 years make up just 6.6% of the Twitter user base.
- 25.47% of Twitter’s traffic comes from the United States.
- Most of Twitter’s audience (38.5%) belongs to the 25 to 34 age group.
- Twitter’s brand value growth rate in 2022 is 85%.
- 7.1 billion people visited Twitter.com this year.
Twitter Usage Stats
- The Twitter user spends 5.1 hours a month on Twitter. If we break it down, it means that an average Twitter user spends 10 minutes on the platform daily.
- One-fifth of Twitter users below the age of 30 visits the platform frequently to update themselves on their favorite topics.
- 25% of users use the app every week, while 71% visit at least weekly.
- 55% of Twitter users access the platform regularly to get news.
- 69% of Twitter users in the U.S. use the platform to get news.
- 57% of U.S. citizens who catches news on Twitter believe the platform has increased their understanding of current events.
- 96% of Twitter Users in the U.S. Report Using the Platform Monthly.
- 30% of Twitter users said that the platform has made them politically aware.
- 82% of Twitter users access the platform for entertainment purposes.
- 6000 tweets are sent in one second.
- 80% of active users access Twitter via smartphones.
Twitter Engagement Stats
- People Tweet about soccer more than any other sport on Twitter.
- Twitter Ranks as the 15th Most Popular Social Network.
- 79% of marketers have continued leveraging Twitter Spaces.
- The average number of hashtags used each day on Twitter is 125 million.
- Using 1-2 hashtags can get you 21% more engagement.
- Tweets with more than 2 hashtags might have 17% lesser engagement.
- Hashtagged tweets have a 55% more chance of being retweeted.
- A user on Twitter has an average of 707 followers.
- 391 million people on Twitter have no followers at all.
- The top 10% of tweeters contribute 92% of tweets in the U.S.
- Twitter’s timeline generates +31% higher emotional connection and +28% higher levels of memorability versus the social media average.
- “Face with Tears of Joy” is used 14.5 billion times, making it the most-used emoji on Twitter.
- Tweets with a GIF gain 55% more engagement than those without.
- People watch 2 billion videos on Twitter daily.
- Tweets with hashtags have witnessed engagement by 100% for individuals and 50% for brands, as per the latest hashtag stats.
Twitter Business Stats
- 16% of internet users aged 16-64 use Twitter for brand research.
- According to Twitter, “a 10% increase in Twitter Spaces discussion rooms has resulted in a 3% increase in sales volume.”
- 77% of Twitter users feel more positive about brands that are community and society focused.
- 67% of B2B marketers use Twitter as a digital marketing tool.
- 54% of Twitter’s audience is more likely to purchase new products.
- Twitter has 41.5 million monetizable daily active users in the United States.
- Twitter generated $1.18 Billion in revenue in the second quarter of 2022.
- Twitter has a market cap of $29.56 billion as of September 2022.
- 40% of Twitter users purchase a product after coming across it on the platform.
- 85% of SMB users on Twitter say providing customer service is important.
- 53% of Twitter users will likely be the first purchasers of new products.
- Companies using Twitter for customer service see a 19% lift in customer satisfaction.
- 50% of consumers use Twitter, while 36% follow brands on Twitter.
- 40% of the users admitted purchasing something they saw on Twitter.
- 92% of companies tweet more than once a day.
- 93% of brand followers on Twitter plan to buy from them.
- 69% of brand followers on Twitter have already purchased from them.
Twitter Ads Insights
- Twitter’s cost-per-mile (CPM) is the lowest of all the major platforms.
- In Q2 of 2022, Twitter’s advertising revenue totaled $1.08 billion, an increase of 2%.
- The forecasted value of Twitter 2022 (Q4) ad revenue has slumped to $1.1 billion from $1.41 billion.
- Twitter ads reach 5.8% of the world population over the age of 13.
- Twitter’s First View feature increases video viewing time by 1.4x.
- Average Twitter Ads ROI is 40% higher than other Channels.
- The Cost-per-engagement (CPE) on video adverts is now 50% lower.
- Twitter has a potential ad reach of 544.5 million.
- In 2022, Twitter’s ad revenue in the EMEA region decreased by 15%, and the company saw a 49% decline in advertising bookings for November.
- Ads with no hashtag received 23% more engagement.
- 29.6% of ad audiences are female, and 70.4% are male.
- The highest reach ranking of Twitter ads is witnessed in the U.S., followed by Japan.
- The majority of ad audiences on Twitter are males from the age group of 25-34 and females from the 18-24 age group.
- Advertisers saw a rise of 89% in video completion rates.
- Around 164 million ads are shown on Twitter daily.
Twitter provides immense possibilities for brands and individuals to communicate with their audience quickly.
You need to schedule engaging tweets at the right time, monitor brand mentions, respond quickly, reach out to influencers, and collaborate with other brands for cross-promotion, analysis, and much more.
Are you ready to jump on the LinkedIn bandwagon and up your marketing game?
With over 58 million companies and 4 out of 5 users “driving business decisions,” it’s no surprise that LinkedIn has become a go-to place for marketers.
And you know what? It pays off – brands on LinkedIn have seen a 33% increase in purchase intent from ad exposure. And get this – 79% of content marketers say LinkedIn ads produce the best results.
LinkedIn has come a long way from just being a job-seeking platform. They’ve introduced new features like Creator Mode, Post Templates, Link Stickers, and Pinned Comments to empower thought leaders and help businesses engage with their community.
Craft your marketing strategies by taking insights from the below Linkedin statistics and leverage LinkedIn tools to leave an impact.
LinkedIn Demographics Stats
- 57.2% of LinkedIn users are males, while 42.8% are females.
- People aged 25-34 account for 59.1% of the LinkedIn user base.
- Over 75% of LinkedIn users are based outside the United States.
- 52.1% of LinkedIn users from the United States of America are males, while 47.9% are females.
- A study done in Q3 2022 revealed that 40% of internet users aged between 46-55 access LinkedIn.
- Internet users aged between 15-25.
- Millennials make up 20.4% of LinkedIn’s user base worldwide.
- 9 million people have turned on the creator mode since its launch in 2021.
- There are over 17 million opinion leaders on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Usage Stats
- Linked In has 875 million users worldwide, out of which over 310 million are monthly active users.
- LinkedIn has the most users from the Asia Pacific region, accounting for over 230 million users.
- The number of LinkedIn users is projected to reach over 1 billion by 2025.
- 95 job applications are submitted on LinkedIn every minute.
- 50 million people use LinkedIn to look for jobs every week.
- On average, 6 people are hired via LinkedIn each minute.
- 57% of LinkedIn’s traffic is generated via smartphones.
- 30% of a company’s LinkedIn post engagement comes via their employees.
- Employees have a 14x more chance of sharing a post from their employer.
- 16.2% of users access LinkedIn via its application daily, while 48.5% do so monthly.
- LinkedIn witnessed 15.4 billion sessions in the third quarter of 2022.
- A LinkedIn post with an image gets 2x the engagement rate.
- The United States accounts for 31.16% of LinkedIn’s traffic.
- LinkedIn is used by professionals in 200 different countries worldwide.
- Most LinkedIn users are aged between 25 and 34.
- 49% of LinkedIn users earn $75,000+ per year.
- 37% of millionaires are LinkedIn members.
- Over 90% of Fortune 500 companies use LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn is more popular with males than females.
- 180 million people use LinkedIn in the USA.
LinkedIn Engagement Stats
- 22.04% of LinkedIn traffic comes from search alone.
- 99.63% of LinkedIn search traffic comes from organic search.
- LinkedIn Pages with complete information get 30% more weekly views compared to others.
- Each week, 45 million people look for a job on LinkedIn.
- More than 14 million open jobs are posted on LinkedIn Jobs.
- 200+ million jobs are submitted on LinkedIn each month.
- 4 people get hired on LinkedIn each minute.
- There is a 50% rise in engagement year-over-year on LinkedIn.
- Companies posting weekly see an engagement rise by 2x on LinkedIn.
- 98% of marketers on LinkedIn agree that personalization helps advance customer relationships.
- According to LinkedIn, companies that post 20 times per month reach at least 60% of their unique audience.
- Including the links in a post can drive twice the engagement than a post without it on LinkedIn.
- Images, on average result in a 98% higher comment rate than without on LinkedIn.
- Links to Youtube videos play directly in the LinkedIn feed and typically give a 75% higher share rate.
- Linkedin accounts with completed and updated information gain 40 times more opportunities.
- Long-form content gets the most shares on LinkedIn, so aiming for between 1700-2100 words should give your content a boost.
- LinkedIn articles with 8 images and 5 to 7 or 9 headlines are best for engagements.
- Messages sent have increased by 35% year-over-year on LinkedIn.
- Weekly LinkedIn members who engage heavily with content are 5x more likely to return daily.
- Listing 5 or more skills on your LinkedIn profile can lead to up to 17x more views.
LinkedIn Business Stats
- More than 57 million companies are listed on LinkedIn.
- 46% of social media traffic to the company’s website comes from LinkedIn.
- 45% of marketers have gained customers through LinkedIn.
- Lead Gen Forms on LinkedIn can increase conversions by 3x.
- 89% of B2B marketers rely on LinkedIn for lead generation.
- 62% of B2B marketers generate leads on LinkedIn successfully, over double the next-highest social channel.
- 4 out of 5 LinkedIn users drive business decisions.
- 52% of buyers list LinkedIn as the most influential channel during their research process.
- InMail has a 300% higher response rate than email, with a 10-25% hit rate on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn is generating revenue for 38% of B2B marketers.
- 80% of B2B leads coming from social media are from LinkedIn.
- 97% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to help drive their content marketing strategy.
- 92% of B2B marketers have LinkedIn included in their digital marketing mix.
- 15% of Linkedin users are senior-level influencers.
- As per Linkedin, an average of 10 content pieces are considered before making a purchasing decision.
LinkedIn Ads Insights
- 790.4 million people can be reached with adverts on LinkedIn.
- An ad on LinkedIn can reach 14.3% of the world’s population over 18 years of age.
- Quarter-on-quarter change of LinkedIn’s advertising reach is +2.9%.
- 43.4% of ad audiences are female, and 56.6% are male.
- Sponsored InMail has an opening rate of 52% on LinkedIn.
- The U.S. offers the largest group of LinkedIn advertising audiences, with a reach of 170 million users.
- LinkedIn Message Ads have a 40% conversion rate.
- 65% of B2B companies have generated a customer through LinkedIn paid ads.
- The cost per lead is 28% lower than on Google AdWords on LinkedIn.
- Lead Gen forms on LinkedIn have reduced the cost per lead for 90% of B2B marketers.
- LinkedIn has reported that its “matched audience” targeting feature procured a 32% increase in post-click conversion rates and a 30% boost in CTR.
- 58% of B2B advertisers like the ROI of LinkedIn ads.
- The average conversion rate of video ads on LinkedIn for the U.S. is 6.1%, more than any other contemporary platform.
LinkedIn is undoubtedly the preferred network for professionals around the globe and will witness tremendous usage in the coming years.
To leverage this network effectively, you should publish your brand, offers, company culture, and new product announcements regularly.
Use LinkedIn tools like Socialpilot to create a LinkedIn posting schedule and automate your posting for the right time and day.
Short-form videos are here to stay. For all brands targeting the Gen-Z population, TikTok is still a vital channel for communication. When marketed right, your brand has the potential to go viral on TikTok and influence your audience.
Plus, with the introduction of shopping features and live streaming, TikTok has opened up even more opportunities for businesses to drive sales.
Though advertising on TikTok can be pricey. Businesses pay up to $50,000 per day for a brand takeover. But don’t let that deter you – studies show that 61% of TikTok users are more likely to buy from a brand they see advertised on the platform.
Take a look at some of the TikTok statistics before you come up with that next viral trend for your brand.
TikTok Demographics Stats
- TikTok has over a billion monthly active users worldwide.
- TikTok is now available in more than 200 countries.
- 52.38% of TikTok’s population worldwide are between the ages of 18 and 24.
- The United States (136.5 million), Indonesia (99 million), and Brazil (74 million) have the largest audiences on TikTok.
- As of April 2021, TikTok usage was highest among adults aged 18-29 at 48%, followed by 30-49 year-olds at 20%, and then 50-64 year-olds at 14%.
- 57% of TikTok’s global users are Female, and 43% are Male.
- Females in the age group of 18-24 account for a 24% share of TikTok’s audience, while males of the same age add up to approximately 18%.
- 60% of TikTok users GenZ.
TikTok Usage Stats
- Android users spend 19.6 hours per month on TikTok.
- The majority of people use TikTok to find funny/entertaining content.
- TikTok has 120.5 million monthly and 30.8 million daily active users via iOS.
- TikTok has 15.54 million daily active users and 30 million monthly active users via Android.
- The average user opens TikTok 19 times per day.
- Children between 4-15 years spend 91 minutes on the app.
- According to eMarketer, 61.3% of the Gen Z population in the US access TikTok on a monthly basis.
- The U.S. users alone spend almost 500 minutes monthly on TikTok.
- There are over 100 billion average monthly video views on TikTok.
- Over 34% of TikTokers shoot daily.
- 90% of all TikTok users access the app on a daily basis.
- 68% of TikTok users watch someone else’s video.
- 55% of TikTok users upload their own videos.
- 41% of users have uploaded their reactions to other videos on TikTok.
- 87.3% of videos have at least one hashtag.
TikTok Engagement Stats
- In the last year, more than 1 billion videos have been viewed every day on the app.
- 64% of Tik Tok users have tried face filters or lenses.
- Some 35% of TikTok users have participated in a hashtag challenge.
- The average engagement rate on TikTok is 5.95%.
- 90% of TikTok users open the app multiple times.
- 43% of users have taken part in duets.
- The most viewed content category was “Entertainment” on TikTok, having a whopping 545 billion hashtag overall views.
- The hashtag “fyp” is the most used hashtag.
- 90% of TikTok users reported that sound is an essential aspect of the TikTok experience.
- 63% of engaged TikTok users claim to have liked a video in the last month.
- 54% of engaged TikTok users claim to have commented on somebody else’s video.
- According to Upfluence, micro and mega influencers on TikTok had an engagement rate of 17.96% and 4.96%, respectively.
TikTok Business Stats
- Consumer spending on TikTok has surpassed $2.5 billion globally.
- TikTok buyers in the US increased by 72.3%, reaching a total of 23.7 million.
- 42% of all TikTok revenue now comes from the U.S.
- 50% of TikTok users who
- TikTok influencers with 2.5 million followers charge around $800 per post.
- Bytedance, TikTok’s parent company, has seen a drop in its valuation compared to the 2021 number of $ 400 billion to $300 billion last year.
- Brands post an average of 3-4 posts weekly.
- 50% of TikTok users have bought something after watching TikTok LIVE.
- 1 in 3 Tiktok live users considers TikTok their go-to place to connect with brands.
TikTok Ads Insights
- In 2022, TikTok’s revenue from advertising saw a significant increase of 200% year over year, reaching a total of $11.04 billion.
- TikTok has an ad reach of roughly 885 million people.
- TikTok offers five advertising tiers aimed at big brands. One of which, a branded hashtag challenge, reportedly costs $150,000 per day.
- TikTok ads reach 17.9% of all internet users aged 18+.
- 63% of All Successful TikTok Ads Communicate Their Message Right Away.
- Partnering with creators boosts view-through rates by 193%.
- TikTok Ads reach 25% of Female Gen Z users and 17.9% of male Gen Z users.
- TikTok’s ad revenue is greater than Snapchat and Twitter combined.
- A brand takeover can cost anywhere from $50K to $100K daily, with 5 million impressions guaranteed on TikTok.
- With TikTok video ads, you can send users to a landing page, an app page, or your website.
- 90% of branded hashtag challenges generate 2.5X ROI on ad spend.
- Challenges with hashtags cost brands $100,000+ on TikTok.
- TikTok ads start at $10 per 1000 views with a $500 minimum per campaign.
- 61% of TikTokers mentioned that they tend to buy from brands they see advertised, and 63% consider themselves brand conscious.
- Brands are currently buying TikTok’s in-feed ads for $10 per impression with a $6,000 minimum campaign spend.
- Brands create 3.7% of the content on TikTok.
- 33% of customers respond better when ads refer to them directly on TikTok.
- 50% of ads have emotional messages.
In order to remain relevant, Snapchat has been restructuring and introducing a host of features. Snapchat has recently made an entry on big desktop screens. Plus, Snapchat+ (subscription-based) is continuously evolving with new add-on elements.
In addition, Snapchat’s TikTok-like feature Snapchat Spotlight is working well in keeping users engaged with the platform. If your marketing plan does not include Spotlight, it is time to restrategize.
If Snapchat is not already a part of your marketing strategy, perhaps these Snapchat statistics will convince you otherwise.
Snapchat Demographics Stats
- Snapchat daily active users have increased by 19% year-over-year to 363 million.
- Snapchat has over 557 million monthly active users, as per Statista.
- 1.4% of internet users ages 16 to 64 call Snapchat their favorite social media app.
- Snapchat is the world’s 12th most popular social media platform.
- As of April 2022, India boasts the largest Snapchat user base, with a total of 144.35 million users.
- Females make up 52.9% of Snapchat’s global user base.
- In the United States, the 15-25 age group represents the largest portion of Snapchat users at 48%.
- Users between the ages of 26-35 make up 30% of the platform’s user base, while those between 36-45 represent 18%, ages 46-55 make up 11%, and users 56 and above make up just 5%.
Snapchat Usage Stats
- The average user devotes 21 minutes per day and 3 hours per month to using the Snapchat platform.
- People who use Snapchat open the app 30 time a day.
- 4 Billion+ snaps are sent every day on the platform.
- A majority of Snapchat’s daily active users, 63%, use augmented reality (AR) filters.
- It is reported that an average of 5+ billion snaps are created on the platform daily.
- 82% of American teenagers use Snapchat at least once a month.
- The Snap Map feature on Snapchat is used by over 250 million users on a monthly basis.
Snapchat Engagement Stats
- The number of Snap Stories that include music has increased by more than 3X.
- Since January 2021, over 250 million Snapchat users have been using AR shopping Lenses.
- Snapchat received a customer satisfaction rating of 70 in the United States.
- More than 300 million users interact with Spotlight content each month.
- Snapchat says the total time spent viewing Spotlight content has increased by 55% year-over-year.
- The daily average time spent by Snapchat users aged 35 and older engaging with Shows and Publisher content has increased by over 40% compared to the previous year.
- More than 300 million Snapchat users interact with Snap Map each month.
- The longest Snapchat streak was recorded for 2794+ snaps.
- Snapchat’s swipe-up rate is 5x higher than normal social media click-through rates.
Snapchat Business Stats
- Snap generated $1.13 billion in revenue for the quarter, a 6% increase from the
previous year, with a significant portion coming from the US market.
- Friends of Snapchat users have 4X more influence on their purchasing decisions compared to celebrities or influencers.
- Snapchat+ subscriptions have over 1.5 million paying subscribers.
- Snapchat users are 60% more likely to make impulse purchases.
- Together, Millennials and Gen Zs have a spending power of over $1 trillion, and Snapchat’s user base has a combined spending power of $4.4 trillion.
- Snapchat users are 60% more likely to make impulse purchases.
- 39% of Snapchat users consult with friends and family before making purchases.
- Snapchat users are 2X more likely to share their purchases with others.
- Snapchat accounts for less than 2% of the US digital advertising market.
Snapchat Ads Insights
- Snapchat has the potential to reach 557.1 million people through advertising.
- Gen Z users show a 59% advertising recall after engaging with an advertisement for two seconds or less.
- 39% of Snapchat’s advertising target audience is within the age range of 18-24.
- 64% of users watch ads on Snapchat with the sound on.
- As of 2022, 54.4% of Snapchat’s advertising audience is female, and 44.6% is male.
- More than 57% of businesses post video ads on the platform.
- It is estimated that Snapchat will generate $5.87 billion in advertising revenue by 2026.
- As of July 2022, the number of users marketers can reach with ads on Snapchat increased by 27 million (+4.7%) in three months.
- Snapchat’s advertising audience reach has grown by 20% over the past 12 months.
Youtube is an absolute powerhouse in video content, with over 2 billion monthly active users! That’s a massive number, isn’t it?
From hilarious BTS videos to life-changing tutorials, there’s something for everyone on YouTube. And it’s no surprise why so many people flock to this platform to search for videos.
But what’s even more interesting is that YouTube is constantly evolving to keep up with the changing times. The YouTube Shorts feature, creator-focused features, and other updates are attracting the newer generation of social media users on the platfrom.
If you want to get hold of the power of Youtube to connect with your audience, pay attention to the below Youtube statistics.
YouTube Demographics Stats
- As of the third quarter of 2022, YouTube has over 2.6 billion monthly active users.
- 53.9% of YouTube users are men, and 46.1% are female.
- 12% of YouTube’s global audience aged 25-34 years old is male, and 9% is female.
- 9% of the total audience was 35-44-year-old male users, and 7.5% were female users of the same age.
- An online survey conducted in May 2022 revealed that 96% of Gen Z users have a YouTube account, while 87% of Millennials are registered on the video platform.
- YouTube is the world’s second-most visited website, with more than 74.8 billion monthly visits.
- There are localized versions of YouTube in over 100 countries around the world across 80 languages.
- As of April 2022, India has the most prominent YouTube audience of 467 million, followed by the US with 247 million and Indonesia with 139 million viewers.
Youtube Usage Stats
- On average, people watch over a billion hours of video and generate billions of views on YouTube daily.
- For Gen Zers, YouTube is the top relaxation and mood improvement platform.
- Over 500 hours of new content are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- In November 2022, YouTube had approximately 71.66 billion visits from mobile users and 8 billion from desktop users.
- 21% of YouTube watch time comes from mobile devices.
- 15.9% of YouTube traffic originates from the United States.
Youtube Engagement Stats
- In the past 12 months, watch time for videos has grown by 270%.
- YouTube shorts now has 50 billion daily views.
- Double-digit growth is seen in watch time for content that aligns with users’ interests.
- 33% of internet users reported watching a “tutorial” or “how-to video.”
- 30% of internet users have watched at least one live video stream weekly.
- Over 1,000 years of watch time has been recorded for “shopping spree” videos in the past two years.
- Watch time for “wildlife videos” increased by 40% last year.
Youtube Business Stats
- Nielsen reports that in 2022, YouTube accounted for 8.7% of total TV usage, surpassing other streaming platforms such as Netflix, Hulu, and Prime Video.
- 33% of shoppers have reported purchasing products that they discovered on YouTube.
- 84% of viewers have made a purchase from a brand after seeing it on the platform.
- Over 70% of viewers say that YouTube makes them more aware of new brands.
- The popularity of “shopping spree” videos has resulted in over 1000 years of watch time on the platform in the past two years.
- The watch time of shopping videos with the word “sale” in the title has increased by 400% in the past year.
- Most YouTube channels earn $0.5 per 1000 video views.
Youtube Ads Insights
- In the fourth quarter of 2022, YouTube’s worldwide advertising revenue amounted to $7.96 billion, an 8% decrease from the previous year.
- YouTube ads have the potential to reach 2.56 billion users globally.
- The biggest demographic on YouTube is males aged 25 to 34, accounting for 11.6% of the platform’s user base.
- India has the largest advertising audience on YouTube.
Whether you are heading a small or medium business, a part of the social media team of a company, or a marketer looking to build an electrifying social media presence, these social media statistics will help you understand the changing dynamics of major social media platforms.
Once you understand the demographics and behavior of users on different platforms, it will become easier to choose the right platform and tailor your content and strategies to reach the right audience.