Listen audio version
A search description (also called a “meta description”) is an HTML attribute designed to describe the short brief content of a webpage. A search description is more likely to attract and retain prospects and existing customers when your pages appear higher on search engines.
Adding an HTML attribute meta tag in your blog and writing a short summary for your web page, the content metadata will give a brief search description of that page.
What is a Search Description?
Look on Blogger search description example:
What is an optimal snippet length:
Search descriptions are snippets of text, 155 characters in length in a search result that briefly summarizes the whole blog post. The search engines show it mainly when it is within the description of the search term.
What expert say?
“search description tags, while not important to search engine rankings, are extremely important in gaining user click-through from search engine result pages (SERPs). These short paragraphs are webmasters’ opportunity to advertise content to searchers and let them know exactly what the given page has with regard to what they’re looking for.”- neilpatel
You write the description of your blog or post that appears before your link in the search engine results.
The basic types of description are:
A brief description of your homepage appears below your site link on the search results page.
This is the description of your individual blog post, which is displayed below the link to it in SERPs.
SEO site descriptions also help better click-through rates and bounce in search engines, So make sure you do compelling descriptions well-writing sentences before submitting blog postings on webmaster.
But Search Meta tags are not web ranking criteria. Watch this Google Search Central video for more information, or see the following questions;
The search engines look at your blog content, not your search description field, just meta tag code samples that tell your content what it is. Search descriptive terms as a concise title and use the meta description (see below) to describe your site’s content.
What is The Search Description in Blogger?
Blogger/Blogspot did not have an option for adding an SEO intent post search description earlier. Now, the blogger gives the practice to add meta descriptions to a blog post.
Your website has a great opportunity here. If you don’t know how to write the blog post search description, then please read our guide. Yet most people new to blogging didn’t know how to use it properly.
Blogger tested and introduced new way this feature in 2021. However, it doesn’t guarantee being ranked in the first position of Google search. The only way your content will rank highly is if search engine bots recognize it as unique, original, and valuable.
Search Keywords and descriptions can help search engines understand what your posts and pages are about. You can also add them from your blogger post dashboard area for each post and page on your website.
Adding blogger search information from your blogger post dashboard area makes it easier for you to add them to every post and page on your site.
What is New Search Description Features in Blogger
Google is also working on improving the features and the services offered by blogger platforms to people who use them as a blogging platform. Blogger has recently combined new options to its software for blogging. Blogger has added a new feature that works as an SEO plugin.
As part of the new interface, there is now an option to add a meta description to the blog and each individual SEO-friendly blog post.
You cannot write exactly over 150 characters in this meta description. The key elements of the search description help to maximize the optimal length of practice. It includes using phrases such as adding character and conveying the best short-length style.
In this tutorial, you will learn about a new feature within Blogger that allows you to write an individual summary description for each blog post.
As well as explaining how this improves the post’s rankings in search engines, it may also result in more traffic via search to your blog.
Set up Search Description on Blogger Blog
- 1. Log in to your Blogger account.
- 2. In the left sidebar, click on Settings.
- 3. Select the Search preference option.
- 4. Navigate to Meta tags > Description.
- 4. Click the Edit text button.
- 6. Select Yes to enable search descriptions.
- 7. Include the blog’s search description in the box below.
- 5. Complete the data and click Save Changes.
- Completed! Here is a screenshot you should apply to blog posts.
Add Blogger Post Search Description
A description of your blog post appears beneath the post title in SERPs. You can increase CTRs for individual posts on a search engine result page.
To Add Post Search Description
- Log in to your Blogger dashboard
- Go to click “posts” section
- Select a post to edit OR create a new post
- To the post settings on the right side of the edit screen. You must also provide a ‘Search description’ (as shown on the right)
- The ‘Search Description’ box opens once you click on it
- Write a brief (meta) description of your post here. Meta Tags will use it to display listings.
- You should try and keep your plain text to 150 characters (as most reliable with Be Unique, Add Call to Action.
- To complete, click on the “Done” button.
How to Write a Good Search Description?
Here are important terms to include in your description of a metasearch:
- You should not go over 155 characters.
- Action-oriented language and active voice.
- Create a call-to-action for the visitor.
- Put your focus keyword into your search description.
- Match it with the content of the page.
- Your work should be unique.
- Make sure that every page on your site has a unique meta description – avoid using duplicate meta descriptions.
An effective practice process begins with an effective search description. SERP ranking algorithm set criteria for High-quality posts to inform visitors about the role. The process of writing a compelling and accurate description of your blog post is tricky, and understanding the steps and resources to achieve this is well worth the effort.
Are you wondering how to write good blogger search descriptions? Let us know what you think below!