Each week, Greg and Ben answer your questions on digital marketing for local businesses … local search engine optimization (SEO), Google Business Profile, social media, email marketing, websites, online advertising and more.
This Week’s Updates and Questions
- Search Engine Roundtable posted article about 19 years of the search industry.
- Test going on for review sentiment.
- Google is suing over fake review solicitors.
- Sterling Sky study – longer reviews are better.
- New GBP Interface – similar in looks to mobile search.
- GBP Reinstatements are now usually given within 24-48 hours.
- Why are current gas prices being shown for some gas stations on searches but not for my client?
- What should I do about missing reviews and unable to leave reviews?
- Can your Google ranking crash from too many reviews?
- Why isn’t my client’s branded pin showing their logo?
- What should I do about a client’s Before and After photos in GBP not being shown together?
- Is it OK to change the primary description, cover photo and description for a business that changes seasonally?
- How can I help my client show up in the Local Packs as “provides franchise lawyers”?
- Is there any easy way to get back to the old quarterly GBP insights reporting dashboard? I’ve been taking snapshots of these for years.
- Legitimate reviews not showing up – what causes this?
- I thought that you should not do reviews from the same IP address like the store location?
- Is it now “100% safe” to edit GBP listings without fear of suspensions? Is that former suspension issue totally resolved?
- Can you give links to the forum?
- What’s the safest way to clear the address of clients who have given their home address for their business?
- Is there any type of dilution when you add too many services under categories on GBP? Not keyword stuffing but similar services.
- What should I do about misspellings for services that have been fixed on the website but keep showing up on Google?
Links from This Week’s Session