It’s that time of the year again. People resolve to make dramatic improvements to their health, relationship, career and life in general. It seems like a natural time to make life-changing decisions. But your bank account and waist size aren’t the only thing that needs improvement. Your Amazon account, too, can benefit from renewed focus and increased enthusiasm.
In this blog post, we’ve the ten most revitalizing resolutions you can take to gear your Amazon business for a successful 2023.
#1: Find out the why, who and how
Increasing sales for a product in a competitive category can seem like a stroke of luck, but it actually requires a series of consistent efforts. Take a moment to look at your product from a shopper’s viewpoint. Find out who you are selling to, why the shopper should buy your product, and how you can reach more and more shoppers.
Once you’ve found answers to these questions, start making an effort to reach your goals.
#2: Focus on optimizing your listing copy and creatives for mobile shoppers
Last holiday season, Amazon reported that customers shopped on Amazon mobile app nearly 70% more than the previous year, and the number is likely to increase in the coming years. If you haven’t already optimized your listing for mobile, you’re missing out. Here are a few simple hacks to ensure your listing is just as good looking on mobile as it is on desktop:
- Implement digestible content. Break up lengthy paragraphs into shorter sentences, use more images and focus more on unique product features.
- Make sure your title is no longer than 50 characters.
- Add more banners to your EBC because they display exceptionally well on smaller screens.
- Add images with less content and more visual elements to ensure readability.
#3: Revitalize your content
Same old, same old won’t work. Resolve to give your existing content a facelift this year.
By content, we mean written as well as visual content. Quality content has a bigger impact on Amazon’s SEO and customers.
If you don’t already have a fully optimized listing, hire Amazon listing optimization experts immediately. You want your detail page to be presentable, easily understandable, brimming with information and visible to anyone who’s looking for your product.
If you already have an optimized listing ensure that your listing copy, images, A+ Content, brand story, storefront and even your Sponsored Brand custom creatives are in line with your branding.
Every creative touch point on Amazon should have the same fonts, a similar color palette and a familiar look and feel to give shoppers a cohesive experience. We highly recommend working with a professional Amazon creative agency that can create designs that speak clearly to your brand personality.
Engage in continual A/B testing to determine what appeals to the customer. See whether a shorter title works better for your listing or a lengthier, keyword-rich title or if Amazon A Plus Content with more infographics converts better or customers are inclined towards lifestyle images.
#4: Utilize more dollars for video advertising
Video advertising should no longer be an afterthought. Gone are the days when Sponsored Brand Video ads were utilized by only niche sellers. In today’s crowded marketplace, even third-party sellers are creating excellent professional videos for their products.
When Sponsored Brand Video ads were first launched in early 2020, marketers believed it to be the future of Amazon advertising. But in 2023, it is the present. If you aren’t implementing video ads in your advertising strategy, you should immediately.
Amazon, too, is constantly making changes to Sponsored Brand Video ads. Clicking on the ads can now direct shoppers to brand stores, and Amazon also began playing branded videos in the SERPs. All of this means that you cannot just ignore the power video has to offer.
Tips for creating a video that leaves an impact
- Keep your video product focused and show the product in the first few seconds.
- Keep it brief. Amazon suggests an optimal video length of 15–30 seconds.
- Videos play on mute so adding easily readable text captions is a no-brainer.
- Ensure your target audience is present in the video. Do not just create a slideshow of infographic images.
#5: Earn more reviews
Reviews and ratings are what fuel customer trust. They are the social proof that most customers base their decision on. Customer reviews also strengthen your product’s organic position.
With reviews being so vital for a product’s performance, it makes complete sense to include them in your New Year’s resolution. However, we do not recommend resorting to not-so-legitimate methods of acquiring reviews. Below, we’ve listed some failproof white hat tricks to get more reviews for your product:
- Use Amazon’s request a review button. It sends an email to the customer requesting a product review.
- Invest in an automated review tool like Feedback Five, Jungle Scout, or Viral Launch to ask for reviews.
- Enroll your product in the Amazon Vine program.
- Create product inserts that ask for reviews in a neutral way.
#6: Find an alternative to FBA
Amazon’s continued struggle with warehouse capacity is not news. During Q4 2022, Amazon had hit sellers with a series of severe inventory limits, which can restrict the number of products you can send to the warehouse. Amazon also charged a 2022 Holiday Peak Fulfillment Fee of 35 cents USD per item for all orders placed between October 15, 20222, to January 14, 2023.
All of this suggests that Amazon is in a space crunch and it’s not an easy fix. Instead of waiting for Amazon to fix their warehouse issues, we suggest sellers come up with an alternative to FBA. You can use a third-party logistics provider to store your stock and manage fulfillment. However, this does not mean that you abandon FBA entirely. Consider a hybrid model where you can easily switch to another service provider when you face any challenges with Amazon’s fulfillment network.
#7: Explore and expand your horizons
Despite being the most lucrative e-commerce marketplace to sell on, it’s hard to stand out on Amazon. That’s why more and more sellers are diversifying their selling channels and lessening their dependency on the retail giant. Relying on Amazon alone can be detrimental to your brand and there’s always a risk associated with keeping all your eggs in one basket.
A survey conducted by Feedvisor states that more than 50% of merchants in the USA also sell on eBay, about one in three merchants sell on Walmart and close to half sell on their own websites in addition to Amazon.
You can partner with a full-service Amazon eCommerce agency like eStore Factory to expand your presence across other marketplaces. We have strategies and years of experience to help you optimize and manage products across various platforms, as well as the capability and capacity for managing multiple fulfillment strategies.
#8: Invest in the best talent
Don’t DIY. As you find your Amazon business growing, you’ll also find yourself needing extra hands to manage it. Instead of doing it all on your own and failing, it is better to outsource it to an agency and the people who actually know how Amazon works. Finding the right Amazon agency can have a positive impact on your bottom line and stress levels, so don’t shy away from spending some extra dollars.
You might want to invest in an Amazon consulting agency if:
- You find yourself in a time crunch and juggling across multiple tasks is getting too stressful for you
- You’ve tried everything but can’t seem to increase sales of your products
- You’re finding it hard to keep up with the policy changes
- You want to focus on product development and other aspects of your business
What to look for in an Amazon management agency?
- See how much experience do they have working on Amazon
- Ask for some examples or case studies of their work
- Do they use white hat tactics?
- Are they staying up to date with the tactics and updates
- Check out their reviews on sites like Clutch and TrustPilot
- Are they listed on Amazon SPN?
How to keep up with your resolutions?
With a series of self-improving, life-changing and mood-boosting things going around, there is no shortage of motivation and enthusiasm during the first few weeks of the year. However, come the first week of February, most of us bail out and settle into our old patterns. According to research from the University of Scranton, only 8% of people can actually achieve their New Year’s goals.
This year, you can defy those odds and actually achieve what you set out to do at the beginning of the year.
- Don’t just make resolutions. Make an action plan and stick to it.
- Break down your yearly goals into monthly, weekly and daily goals.
- Do not multitask; tackle one goal at a time
- Treat yourself to every goal achieved
- Implement proper time management techniques to smooth out the wrinkles and build a healthy structure amid the chaos
- Even if you encounter a setback, view them as learning opportunities
Make waves in 2023
There you have it. With these resolutions, you can ring in the new year with a bang. So, take some time out to crunch the numbers, find out what is and isn’t working for you, modify your strategy according to these resolutions and 2023 will just be as – if not more – successful than 2022.
From our team to yours, wish you a happy and successful New Year! We wish you kick off the New Year with excellent account health, increased sales and a booming bottom line.