Are you trying to pick a Shopify email app to increase your sales?
If your eCommerce store is on Shopify, there are many apps you can use to grow your eCommerce business with email marketing.
In this article, we’ll go over how to pick the best email marketing app for Shopify for your business.
Let’s get started! Here’s a table of contents to help you find your way around.
Why You Need a Shopify Email Marketing App
If you’re a Shopify store owner who wants to grow your sales, you need to use email marketing.
Email marketing has the best ROI of all the digital marketing channels. You can use email to drive traffic, conversions, and customer retention. These factors are all important for growing your overall revenue. With a good email marketing platform, you can send:
- Follow-up emails to recover abandoned carts
- Upsell or cross-sell emails to increase order value
- Welcome emails to new customers
- Win-back emails with discount codes or other incentives for existing customers who have gone inactive
- Autoresponders for customer support tickets or pre-sale questions
- Email newsletters for special promotions, holidays, and more
The best email marketing solutions for Shopify will help you save time, energy, and money in your marketing.
How to Choose the Best Shopify Email App
There are several factors to consider when choosing the best email marketing app for your Shopify store:
- Integration: How easily does it connect to Shopify? How much customer detail gets sent from Shopify to the email marketing app?
- Automation: Can you schedule campaigns ahead of time? What kind of automated email sequences can you create and how are they triggered?
- Segmentation: How can you divide customers? Sending personalized emails based on shopping behavior, demographics, and other traits is proven to improve conversion rates.
- Reporting: What insights does the app provide on your email marketing? Look for apps that track opens, clicks, revenue attribution, and other important metrics
- A/B Testing: Can you split test subject lines, copy, images, and other elements to optimize your marketing strategies?
- Ease of Use: What templates does the app have? How easy is it to customize those templates or make your own?
- Deliverability: How reliable is the app for delivering emails? Are there sending limits to be aware of?
- Pricing: How much does it cost compared to the functionality? Will you actually use all the features that you’re paying for?
Top 10 Best Shopify Email Marketing Apps
Here are our picks for the best Shopify email marketing platforms. In most cases, you’ll need to sign up for an account with the platform, and then install the corresponding app from the Shopify App Store.
1. Shopify Email (Best Almost Free Email App For Shopify)
Shopify Email is Shopify’s own email service provider (ESP). Naturally, it’s completely integrated with Shopify’s other marketing tools, and you can use it from inside the Shopify dashboard.
- Direct integration with Shopify customer information and other marketing tools
- Can add express checkout buttons to emails
- No coding experience required
- Lots of automation and individual email templates
- Very limited options for capturing emails (only an optin box at checkout and a signup form on homepage based on your theme)
- Doesn’t work with other eCommerce platforms if you decide to leave Shopify
Pricing: Shopify Email is included in all paid Shopify plans for up to 10,000 emails per month. Additional emails incur extra charges. Paid Shopify plans start at $29/month.
2. Klaviyo (Best Shopify Customer Platform App)
Klaviyo is the preferred email partner for Shopify Plus users. It’s more than just an ESP. It’s a complete customer platform designed to help you keep your marketing personalized at scale.
- 1-click sync with all customer data including views, clicks, and purchases
- Super-specific customer segmentation and personalization
- Drag-and-drop email editor
- Fully customizable automations
- More expensive for larger lists
- Need a lot of traffic to be worth it
Pricing: Free plan for up to 250 contacts and limited email and SMS sends. Paid plans start at $20/month.
3. Omnisend (Best Omnichannel Marketing App For Shopify)
Omnisend combines email marketing, SMS marketing, push notifications, and lead capture all in one.
- G2 ease-of-use rating over 9
- Full Shopify integration
- Pre-built automation workflows
- Advanced reporting only available on pro plan
- Free plan requires Omnisend branding
Pricing: Free plan for up to 250 contacts and limited emails. Premium plans start at $16/month.
4. Seguno (Best Shopify Email Automation App)
Seguno is one of the few full-featured ESPs that works directly from the Shopify admin. That means you can create and send email marketing campaigns from Shopify on desktop or mobile.
- No switching between apps
- Canva integration lets you design and publish emails easily
- Pre-built templates and email marketing automations
- Integrated with Shopify marketing for easy performance tracking
- No SMS functionality
- Not all templates included in paid plan
- Less data reported on signup behavior
- Only works in Shopify
Pricing: Free plan for up to 250 subscribers. Paid plans start at $10/month.
5. Drip (Best eCommerce Marketing Automation App)
Drip is a powerful email marketing tool built specifically for eCommerce. Because of that, it focuses only on the features you need most for your Shopify store, like abandoned cart emails and post-purchase workflows.
- Advanced split testing within automation workflows
- Deep segmentation and personalization based on behavior
- Option for 1:1 support meetings
- Full-featured trial (does not include unlimited emails)
- Limited types of email popups
- No price breaks for smaller lists
Pricing: Paid plans start at $39/month, 14-day free trial available
6. SmartrMail (Best Value Shopify Email App)
SmartrMail is a surprisingly affordable ESP that comes loaded with features you might only expect from a premium-priced software. Send unique coupon codes and smart product recommendations to boost your Shopify sales.
- Cart and browse abandonment recovery features
- Easy-to-use email composer
- Automated product recommendations based on frequency
- Free migration for new customers coming from another ESP
- No landing page or web form builder
- Only email support on free plan
- A/B testing only available on unlimited plan which costs significantly more
Pricing: Free plan for up to 1,000 subscribers with email volume limits. Paid plans start at $19/month
7. Sendinblue (Best eCommerce CRM)
Sendinblue is a complete customer relationship management tool (CRM) that happens to do eCommerce email marketing really well. You can use Sendinblue to send branded abandoned cart and transactional emails and track your conversions throughout the customer journey.
- Integrated email marketing, SMS, and chat platform
- Can use CRM with team-based sales strategy as well as eCommerce
- Email heatmaps provide deep insights into email performance
- Extra cost to remove Sendinblue branding from Lite plan
- Price based on email volume rather than list size can be disadvantage for frequent senders
Pricing: Free plan for up to 300 emails per day. Paid plans start at $25/month
8. CM Commerce (Best Transactional Email Marketing Features)
CM Commerce is Campaign Monitor’s eCommerce-focused email marketing service. They have a unique set of features that optimize transactional messages like order confirmation emails and product review requests.
- Customizable receipt emails help you cross-sell and upsell
- Dedicated product review workflow to increase sales with social proof
- Email template recommendations based on automation workflow
- Many advanced features included on starter plan
- Limited integrations with other marketing tools
- Less extensive Shopify integration than some other ESPs
- No free plan
Pricing: Paid plans start at $9/month
Bonus Pick: OptinMonster (Best Email Capture App For Shopify)
Regardless of which Shopify email app you use, you’ll need to grow your email list.
OptinMonster is the best list-building app for Shopify and any other website platform you want to use it on.
With OptinMonster you can:
OptinMonster integrates easily with Shopify and all leading ESPs, including the ones on the list above.
You can build multiple campaign types, such as:
- lightbox popup
- floating announcement bar
- fullscreen welcome mat
- discount spin wheels
With OptinMonster’s extensive template library and no-code drag-and-drop editor, you can have your marketing campaigns ready to go in minutes.
Best of all, OptinMonster has Shopify-specific targeting rules based on cart value, items in cart, and more.
But don’t take our word for it. Check out how these eCommerce businesses used OptinMonster:
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you email from Shopify?
Yes, you can email individual customers from Shopify. You can also set up Shopify Email or other ESPs that work directly inside the Shopify dashboard.
How do I set up my email in Shopify?
For most ESPs, you set up an account on the ESP website and then install an app to connect with Shopify. Learn how to set up Shopify Email.
How do I send mass emails to customers on Shopify?
You need to set up an email capture app like OptinMonster that connects to your ESP. Then use your ESP to send emails to your customers. We recommend personalizing your emails and segmenting your list for best results.
We hope this roundup gives you some ideas for how to use a Shopify email app to grow your business.
Next, check out our full list of the best Shopify apps to increase sales through email, social media, and much more!
To start growing your Shopify mailing list, give OptinMonster a try today!
If you like this article, please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more free articles.